Targeted assistance demands user-friendly technology of the highest standard. MEDUCORE Standard² will not let you down! The compact monitor/defibrillator is quick to take to the scene of Emergency and has the functions necessary to monitor the patient and provides extended diagnostic capacity. MEDUCORE Standard² also provides support if shock delivery is required.
Concentrate on the essentials in an emergency
- All functions necessary for extended emergency care in one lightweight, compact unit
- 6-lead ECG for patient monitoring
- 12-lead ECG for extended ECG diagnostic capacity (optional)
- Pulse rate and oxygen saturation checked by means of SpO2 measurement
- Automatic NIBP measurement for quick and easy non-invasive blood pressure measurement
Intuitive and safe operation
- Interactive function check for quick and easy check on readiness for use
- Pre-defined patient groups - infant, child, adult - ensure care can be initiated quickly
- Reliable patient monitoring with color-coded fields for parameters and curves
- Professional alarm system for maximum user and patient safety
Digitalize measured values for patients and manage as required
- Timely evaluation of 12-lead ECG on the display
- 12-lead ECG delivery by e-mail (optional)
- Option of printing out ECGs on an external printer
- Replay view to display curves and parameters from the internal memory (optional)
- Function check results and session data (optional) can be transmitted to the operator by WiFi for central documentation and archiving with WEINMANN Connect
Configurable for your applications
- MEDUCORE Standard² meets different requirements for various applications. Configure your device individually according to your requirements – optional software functions make this possible.
- Individual configuration of the user interface to suit users’ options and authority
- Device configuration easy to transfer to other devices using an SD card
Robustness on all levels
- Robustness confirmed by shock and vibration tests in accordance with DIN EN 60601-1-12, MIL-STD 810, RTCA/DO 160 and DIN EN 1789
- Suitable for ground emergency medical services and air rescue service confirmed in accordance with DIN EN 1789, RTCA/DO 160, DIN EN 60601-1-12 and MIL-STD 810
- Suitable for military use confirmed in accordance with MIL-STD 810
Always Within Reach
MEDUCORE Standard² can, of course, be individually mounted on our LIFE-BASE portable units. In addition, the monitor/defibrillator can be combined with an emergency and transport ventilator and optionally also with an oxygen cylinder. Both devices together on a LIFE-BASE provide a perfectly harmonized unit consisting of monitoring, defibrillation, and ventilation in one hand!
The integrated 6-lead ECG means you have all the relevant ECG leads for patient monitoring. Integrated SpO2 measurement ensures continuous monitoring of peripheral pulse rate and oxygen saturation. As MEDUCORE Standard² has automatic NIBP measurement, the device also monitors blood pressure for you – non-invasively and completely incidentally. That gives you scope to focus on the essentials!
Basic Life Support
In AED mode, MEDUCORE Standard² provides safe guidance through resuscitation using voice prompts and a metronome. For defibrillation, all you need to do is press the shock button. Then the device guides the user through cardiopulmonary resuscitation in line with the guidelines.
- Automatic cardiac rhythm analysis and preparation for defibrillation
- User guidance with voice and text instructions
- Metronome to maintain the correct compression rate during chest compressions
- Display of ECG leads and plethysmogram
- Extensive range of operator settings for regional requirements
- AED mode for adults and children from 1 year of age
Advanced Life Support
Manual mode is reserved for experienced emergency personnel, as the shock energy and time of shock delivery can be controlled manually. An option to disable manual mode is available, so it can only be used once a freely selectable code has been entered.
- Shock energy can be set from 1-200 J
- Biphasic defibrillation pulse
- Impedance compensation
- Metronome can be switched on an individual basis
- Display of time since last defibrillation
- Display of number of defibrillations performed
Advanced Life Support
Unstable patients with tachycardia arrhythmias can benefit from cardioversion treatment. MEDUCORE Standard² will support you in such cases by delivering shocks synchronized with the R wave.
- Requirement: Manual mode is enabled
- Shock energy can be set from 1-200 J
- Shock delivery synchronized with the R wave
Evaluation directly via the display
The ECG can be evaluated directly on the display. You can switch between leads at the touch of a button or adapt the displayed amplitude and feed rate of the ECG curves.
- Einthoven (I, II, III)
- and Goldberger (aVR, aVL, aVF)
Chest wall leads:
- Wilson (V1, V2, V3, V4, V5, V6)
12-lead ECG delivery by e-mail
For extended emergency diagnostic capacity
E-mail the recorded 12-lead ECG to an expert of your choice for further evaluation – to a remote emergency physician or to a local hospital physician. This expert can provide you with support in making your diagnosis and in selecting a suitable destination hospital. E-mail addresses do not have to be entered manually, as contacts are set up in the device. Your contact details are sent with the e-mail to enable the expert to contact you directly.
Displaying sessions in replay view
Patient transfer made easy
MEDUCORE Standard² records all patient measured values during a session. Using replay view, you can view the measured values and ECG curves of the session in question on the display afterwards. This function is useful if you are transferring the patient to hospital, for example, and would like to view the session again. If required, you can print out the measured values and curves in replay view.
Printing out ECGs and records
External printer makes you location-independent
If MEDUCORE Standard² is connected to the external thermal printer via Bluetooth®, you can print out the following ECGs at the feed rate and amplitude set in each case:
- Live printout: The printer prints the measured values and curves currently shown in the display.
- 12-lead ECG: The complete ECG with all 12 leads and measured values is shown on the printer paper.
- Replay printout: A selected event is printed in replay view.
You can also print out the defibrillation record, the session record or the function check record.
Handing over a patient to the emergency physician
If the emergency physician arrives later, the ECG and measured values recorded initially need to be included when the patient is handed over. This is where replay view comes in, allowing measured values and ECG curves to be viewed retrospectively on the display.
Notifying the admitting hospital in advance
The hospital needs to be notified of an emergency patient’s arrival as early as possible. With MEDUCORE Standard², emergency personnel can e-mail the recorded 12-lead ECG to the hospital, allowing specialist staff at the hospital to perform ECG diagnosis before the patient arrives and, if necessary, to reduce door-to-balloon time.
Record and evaluate session data
Important as it is to rescue and safely transport the patient, it is equally important to record session data. Whilst you concentrate on emergency medical care for the patient, the monitor/defibrillator records all measured values, curves and particular events from the time the device is switched on.
Backing up all session and device data is part of modern quality assurance. The WEINMANN Connect web portal minimizes the complexity and effort involved in backing up data, allowing you to concentrate on the essentials. Once a session is complete, session data can be uploaded by WiFi from the device to WEINMANN Connect at the touch of a button and archived.
electronic patient record systems
Ensure seamless session documentation. Recorded session data are transmitted to an electronic patient record system with the aid of the Bluetooth® data transmission feature.
Connection terminal for SpO2, NIBP, ECG and master cable
All the sensors and electrodes connected to the patient are already pre-connected to the device.
High-resolution color display
Color coding, high resolution and strong contrasts mean that the display can be read at all times, even under adverse operating conditions.
WiFi and Bluetooth® interface
For rapid transmission of device session data.
Professional alarm system
A large, bright LED lamp, loud alarm tones and adjustable alarm limits increase safety for patient and assistant. The alarm can be muted or fully acknowledged if required.
Lithium ion battery
For up to 5 hours’ monitoring or approx. 350 shock deliveries at 200 J without an external power supply.
Rugged, compact housing
Designed for the harshest conditions in emergency response.
To activate or deactivate the functions shown on the display.
SD memory card
Records session data.
For quick and easy navigation in the menus.
The right accessory for every situation
The intuitive and simple handling of WEINMANN Emergency accessories and consumables is a stand-out feature. A complete list of all accessories and consumables can be found in our supply catalog:
Ceiling or wall attachment needed?
Having decided to purchase a treatment solution on a LIFE-BASE portable unit, you can attach this to a wall or ceiling using the BASE-STATION mounting. Contact us for more information:
Like to find out more?
For more product information, brochures, images, videos, PC simulations, instructions for use, and EC Declarations of Conformity on Medical Devices, please click here:
|Device dimensions||W: 242 mm x H: 137 mm x D: 130 mm|
|Weight without battery||Approx. 2.25 kg|
|Weight, incl. battery||Approx. 2.75 kg|
|Product class according to Directive 93/42 EEC||IIb|
|Temperature range for temporary operation||-20 °C to +55 °C|
|Temperature range for permanent operation||0 °C to +40 °C|
|Humidity||15 % RH to 95 % RH|
|Air pressure||540 hPa to 1100 hPa|
|Battery operating time||Approx. 5 h monitoring|
|Battery charging time (0% - 90 %)||Approx. 3.5 h|
|Power supply||12 V to 15.1 V|
|Saving of session data||Internal memory: approx. 9.5 h|
|SD card (32 GB)||Approx. 1,675 h|
|Data transmission||WiFi, Bluetooth®, SD card|
|Display type||TFT color display|
|Resolution||640 x 480 pixel|
• ECG curves (I, II, III, aVR, aVL, aVF, V1 - V6)
• Defibrillation energy
• Time after last shock
• ECG lead via defibrillation electrodes
• Number of shocks delivered
• Instructions for performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• Heart rate (30 to 250/min)
• Pulse rate (30 to 250/min)
• Oxygen saturation (45 - 100 %)
• SpO2 plethysmogram
• Blood pressure (systolic and diastolic)
• Session duration
• Battery capacity
• Alarm causes
|Defibrillator||Shock form: biphasic, current-controlled, impedance-compensated, asynchronous (defibrillation) or synchronous (cardioversion)|
|Energy level||Adjustable 1 J to 200 J|
|Charging time||Approx. 8 s (200 J)|
|Shock sequence||Constant or escalating (programmable)|
|Patient impedance||5 Ω to 200 Ω|
|AED mode record||ERC 2015|
|Analysis time||8 s|
|Metronome||Adjustable to 100/min, 110/min, 120/min, deactivated|
|Duration between cardiac rhythm analyses||Adjustable from 120 to 300 s|
|Systolic blood pressure measuring range||40 to 260 mmHg|
|Diastolic blood pressure measuring range||20 to 200 mmHg|
|Venous stasis function||Yes|
|Interval measurement||30 s to 60 min|
• Alarm limits: can be set for all measured values
• Automatic alarm function: Yes
• VF/VT alarm: can be deactivated if required
• Muting audio alarm output: if required, can be paused for 1/2/5/10 minutes or can be permanently deactivated
• Alarm tone acknowledgment: Yes
• Print width: 80 mm
• Printing method: direct thermal printing
• Degree of protection against ingress of water/dust: IP54
• Resistance to falls: 1.5 m
|Degree of protection against ingress of dust/water||IP55|
|Standards used||DIN EN 60601-1, DIN EN 60601-1-2, DIN EN 60601-1-6, DIN EN 60601-1-8, DIN EN 60601-1-12, DIN EN 60601-2-4, DIN EN 60601-2-25, DIN EN 60601-2-27, DIN EN 60601-2-30, DIN EN 60601-2-49, DIN EN 60601-2-61, DIN EN 1789, RTCA DO 160, MIL-STD 810|
The all-round carefree package
With repairs, maintenance work, technical and electrical safety checks, we offer a complete service for your device: at our factory or, through our authorized service partners, on your premises.
|Manufacturer’s warranty||2 years|
|Technical Safety Check (“Sicherheitstechnische Kontrolle” in accordance with § 11 of the German regulation MPBetreibV) interval||1 year|
|Metrological check interval||2 years|
|COMFORT Plus service package with fixed annual fees available||✔|
|Device-assisted function check with clear and brief summary||✔|
|Function check result documentation on WEINMANN Connect||✔|
|Software update can be carried out by the operator||✔|
|Password-protected operator menu||✔|
|Replaceable battery system*||✔|
|Battery status display also on battery itself||✔|
|External charging base for replaceable battery||Available as an option|
|Service information on the display, e.g. relating to upcoming Technical Safety Checks and Metrological Checks (“Sicherheitstechnische Kontrolle” and “Messtechnische Kontrolle” in accordance with § 11 of the German regulation MPBetreibV)||✔|
Our YouTube channel has a range of videos and animations to explain the product to you in more detail.
Get to know the functions and operation of MEDUCORE Standard² better with the aid of our interactive simulation software.